Saturday, December 02, 2006

Friday Fives - The Christmas Edition (a day late)

Since it is December, it is definitely time to think about Christmas. Have you started your decorating. Here is a jump start in case you haven't.

1. Do you have a themed Christmas tree?
2. Do you think "outside the box" and use non-traditional Christmas colors?
3. When decorating your home, what is the first thing you fix?
4. For whom did you buy your first gift this season?
5. What 5 guests(non-family) would you love to have at your house on Christmas Day? I'd love to have Jesus at my table to celebrate His Birth - but, I don't feel worthy. I'd also love to have all of the Belles - I know, that's more than 5 (remember, I don't teach math!), but what better way to spend my Christmas Day!!!!!

1. We have 2 Christmas trees. One is the girls tree and it is a small fiber optic tree that they put all the ornaments they receive or have made growing up on the tree. Our main tree is covered just in ornaments I inherited from my grandmother. I remember sitting beside her as a little girl watching her lovingly hand make each and every ornament.

2. The main tree has ornaments of all colors....white, pink, lime green, gold, turquoise, red, blue,etc. The remainer of my decorating is done in burgandy and gold.

3. The first thing to be decorated is the hearth with our nativity scene. My grandmother made this when she was doing ceramics.

4. The first gifts were for our daughters but I can't post what that is because one of them reads my blog regularly.

5. Quoting my dear friend Cindi, "I'd love to have Jesus at my table to celebrate His Birth - but, I don't feel worthy. I'd also love to have all of "the Belles" - I know, that's more than 5, but what better way to spend my Christmas Day!!!!!"

No comments: