Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Ramblings

Today is the first day of school here. DD was cool as a cucumber. This is her 2nd year of high school. DSD was a nervous wreck, it is her 1st year as a high schooler. I think this is going to be a super fantastic year. DDis in all honors classes for her core classes and it is going to be tough but she survived honors last year, she will do it this year. And she really enjoys her electives so like I said, a good year should be had.


Yesterday (the 26th) was my birthday. DH and the girls gave me this wonderful Vera Bradley beach bag. I am usually all up on VB but have given over the reins to DD. So I didn't know about the special beach and sports line this summer. When we were at the Big Rock Blue Marlin Fishing tournament this past June, I saw a lady who looked so smart. Her beach bag, flip flops, and visor all matched. I told my husband how much I loved it. Well, he remembered and got the bag. Now I am on the hunt for flip flops and the visor. Maybe even the umbrella as well. They also gave me a new outfit for fall. For dinner, DH grilled steaks and we had Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert. All in all, a wonderful day!


For those of you doing the Proverbs Challenge, I want to mention a book based on Proverbs 31:10-31. It is by Elizabeth George and is entitled: Beautiful in God's Eyes; The Treasures of a Proverbs 31 Woman.

6 comments:

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Belated Happy Birthday! and that is a gorgeous bag :)

PAT said...

A belated happy birthday to you! Yesterday was my youngest daughter's birthday, too!

Pat

A Captured Reflection said...

This Cheesecake factory sounds intriguing. I was reading another blog and a lovely American lady was sharing her birthday news and her visit to the Cheesecake factory. We have the Cheesecake shop outlets here, oh - I'm sure there are thousands of calories just in the inhaling of them, but they are divine!

Thanks for the book recommendation, I'm doing the Proverbs challenge too, so will try to get hold of the book.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Super cute bag...Good luck finding the accessories to go with it!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday a few days late! Sounds like it was a good one.

A Captured Reflection said...

I have a copy of the book - a friend has lent it to me. yay!