Friday, September 07, 2007

Surviving the Storm

This was in my church newsletter and written by my Pastor. I know I am trying to bear the brunt of some pretty big storms right now and found this most appropriate. I hope some of you do and will help you in your storms.

Last Wednesday was the second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. What a storm! Many of you are going through the storm of your life. When I open my Bible to Mark 4: 35-41, I find an outline that really helps me through the storms of life. First, the storm often comes in the path of OBEDIENCE. Second, the storm makes it appear Jesus doesn’t CARE. Third, the storm reveals our real ENEMY. Fourth, the storm DRIVES us to Jesus. Finally, the storm always reveals something new about JESUS. This verse summarizes it all: “They were terrified and asked each other, `Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!’” (41) As you read
this article, it is my hope that you will allow God’s Word to GUIDE your WALK and God’s Word to REJOICE your HEART. Jeremiah said: “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my hearts delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God almighty.” (15:16)


I pray each of you can weather your storms the way God intends for us to do.

No comments: