Monday, April 14, 2008

A Monday that makes me go hmmmmm......

What is up with all of the stuff showing up on YouTube??  My next door neighbor (16) wanted to get her ears pierced again.  Now I am not against this, to be specific, I have 3 piercings in my left ear, 2 in my right, (both the 2nd and 3rd were done in my college days) and 1 in my belly button.  Oh to be small enough to show that one off again!!  :::sigh::: I digress...anyway, said neighbor decided she wanted another piercing and instead of going to get another piercing by a professional, she and a friend do it JUST TO RECORD IT and put in on youtube!!!

Now, there is those 8 idiots who beat up another kid and recorded it and posted it for "5 minutes of fame" and now they should be on CRIMINALS ARE STUPID!! They have all been arrested and there is still 1 kid awaiting bonding to get out of jail. Here is the most seen video, but if you go to the site, there are many followup videos.

Lastly, the one that gets me most...The Oprah thing:

Now I have received several emails about this and they ALL say: "The Church of Oprah"

Wow. This is scary..............  click on this You Tube presentation to hear Oprah talk about turning from Christianity to this new age belief ....i.e. denying Christ.  Sad that there are millions that literally worship Oprah...and will follow what she says. We need to pray for this abomination and blasphemy to be exposed.

Today's email went even further saying:

This certainly can be perceived as prophetic fulfillment of scripture....

Matthew 24:5...for many will come in my name, saying "I am the Christ' and will deceive many
Matthew 24:11..then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

II Timothy 4:3-4 - For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to right teaching.  They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them what they want to hear.  They will reject the truth and follow strange myths. 

The Bible is the only book that has not been disputed...and prophecies from thousands of years fulfilled......I praise God for my faith and I am grateful for that free gift of grace that God has given me so I can live eternally with him in heaven.....while these millions of folks are floating around wherever it is they think they go when they die...oh wait..no he said he doesn't really give that any thought.  

This is definitely a cult.  As with any other cult that has to have an earthly person or leader get fame and recognition from their book ....the Bible is all we need to live by and not another 'man made' set of rules.

I am NOT telling you to believe one way or another. 

I personally like Oprah because she gives to so many privately as well as publicly.  Now I can do without the publicity of some of her givings because I think they are just to make her look even better, but I do know she gives so much privately and she lavishes those around here with things they would never have because of 1. knowing her, 2. a job well done, 3. she enjoys it.  I also respect many things she "showcases" or discusses on her show.  You really can learn a lot from many of her shows.  As you know, I suffer from depression and bipolar disorder, and both of those have been discussed at length on her show and I feel vindicated or that there are others by watching them.  There are other shows I enjoy, especially if one of my fav celebs are on there.

I am also a user of YouTube....I have put several YouTube videos on my blog in the past. I have learned some great crafting tricks and watched some fascinating people, especially, Randy Pausch. I guess it all comes down to being very careful of what you publish on YouTube, and what you watch on YouTube.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote of the Day:

smelt the violets in her hand and asked, half in
words, half in signs, a question which meant
"Is love the sweetness of flowers?"

~Helen Keller

signature2

4 comments:

sugar said...

thank you for sharing this. i have quit recording oprah on my dvr. i am so sorry to see that she is leading people in this. i beleive our faith as christians is about to be tested in a way it never has been in this county and there are too many people with blinders on and not paying attention.

Justabeachkat said...

I've posted two YouTube videos just today, although I normally don't do it very often. It's amazing some of the "trash" that's out there, but there's lots of really good stuff too. I guess we just have to be careful what we watch and what we post.

Hugs!
Kat

luvmy4sons said...

I've taken to praying for Oprah. She was raised Baptist. I firmly belive if a child is reared up in the way he should go...It is quite disturbing. She wields a lot of power. Think of the great good she could be doing and the great potential for harm that she IS doing now. I can't even touch the shocking evil of the teen girls video!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Scary world we live in right now! I pray daily that things change direction especially for my children and their future families.

Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy ;)