Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Mother's Day countdown...4 days to go

What are you doing for Mother's Day this year? I would love to host brunch at my house but it is in the midst of major redecorating and there is nothing but sheetrock on my dining room walls at the moment and a plywood floor. There is dust everywhere and definitely not conducive to entertaining. So HOPEFULLY, my daddy and my sweet husband will decide to take my mother and me out to eat.

But if I were to have a brunch, I might just be tempted to follow Miss Janice's Mother's Day Brunch. Here is what Miss Janice states in her newsletter this month:

Mother’s are the most important people in the world. If you are lucky enough to still have your mother, please honor her everyday and make this Mother’s Day special for her. In the South, ladies judge a gentleman by the way he treats his Mother. I can tell you that my brother loves and respects our mother and treats her like she’s the Queen. He’s always driving Miss Pauline all over the place (To Church on Sundays, to the beauty shop for her standing appointment every Friday morning, shopping, etc.—mother loves to scoot). On Mother’s Day in the South, ladies are given a red corsage if their mother is still alive and a white corsage if their mother has passed away; this is another sweet Southern tradition. Here’s my menu and tablescape for Mother’s Day using Accoutrements china, designed by Anna Griffin for Lenox:
Mother's Day Brunch Tablescape

Mother's Day Brunch Place Setting
Napkin ring (monogrammed, of course) and silver tray as charger plate

Brunch Egg Casserole

Menu:

Brunch Egg Casserole*
Fresh Mixed Fruit
Biscuits
Orange Juice
Coffee

*Recipe for the Brunch Egg Casserole
4 cups seasoned croutons
2 cups grated Cheddar Cheese
8 eggs, slightly beaten
4 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
8 slices bulk sausage, cooked, drained, and crumbled

Combine croutons and cheese and place into a greased 3-quart baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; mix until well blended and pour over the crouton mixture. Sprinkle crumbled sausage on top. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour. 8-12 servings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whatever you do for your mother, or the mother of your children, make it special...

she deserves it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote of the Day:

Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall;

A mother’s secret hope out lives them all.

~Oliver Wendell Holmes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day Jenn. The brunch sounds delich, I think we are grilling out.

luvmy4sons said...

The table looks beautiful! Have a great day!