Saturday, May 24, 2008

WOOHOO...It's the weekend!

Go Duke Lacrosse!! Right now they are playing their nemesis in LAX, Johns Hopkins. They beat us last year in the NCAA championship game. Duke is currently winning 2-1 and has a NCAA lacrosse record season of 18-1. The winner of this game will play Syracuse on Monday. Now I am a true Blue Devil as most of you know, but after the suffering Duke LAX has suffered since the rape scandal, having to cancel their season in 06, and losing last year in the championship, their time has come! Let's go Devils!!

Do you like movies based on true stories? Like football at all? Like "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson? (He also played the Scorpion King and last years Disney movie "The Game Plan") A must see movie is Gridiron Gang. If anyone ever watched MTV's Pimp My Ride, the movie also stars Xzibit. It is based on a true story about a youth prison in California, where the lead character, Shawn, played by The Rock, creates a football team of inmates and teaches them to be winners instead of losers and how to be a "team player" and not a "gang member". It does have rough language but you have to look at the population you are looking at, but it is a feel good movie at the end. Amazing transformations in many of the youths in themselves, with others who would be rivals out of prison on the streets, and with girlfriends/parents/families. I recommend you see it if you get the chance.

Quote of the Day:
I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.
~Edward Everett Hale

No comments: