Friday, October 24, 2008

I guess he knew what he was talking about.

Because the stock market today is not looking too good and because of Alan Greenspan's comments yesterday about the economic situation and the banks, I found this quote a friend of mine shared with me to be very of the moment:


I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than
standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the
issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and
corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all
property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers
conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the
people, to whom it properly belongs.

Thomas
Jefferson
, 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826) in a Letter to the Secretary of
the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)


Another friend replied, "I don't now why our illustrious leaders & Supreme Court are so determined to completely ignore/trash/misinterpret the Constitution. Clearly our founding fathers knew what they were talking about and their wisdom endures."

I so agree!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It appears that most of the leaders we now have in this country are forgetting the Constitution and Bill of Rights. I don't forsee us,as a country, getting out of this mess any time soon. I'm voting for Bob Barr the Libertarian canidate. He was once Republican and is for smaller government and many things that the Republican party used to stand for but now do not. Hope things can turn around, but I'm very pessimestic that they won't.