I never even want to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and God Bless the retailers and shoppers the day after turkey day (I am not one of those), at least that signals the start of the Christmas season to me. However, here is it, not quite mid-November and I have posted about a Christmas swap, I have seen a yard already decorated for Christmas and Santa is already at one of the local malls. ::::::::sigh::::::::
But Tickled Pink inspired me with her post which began like this:
Welcome to the "Christmas Edition" of getting to know your friends!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial (DH and DD both have allergies)
3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Start the day after Thanksgiving and finish over the weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? A few days after Christmas is over.
5. Like egg nog? Not really but Dh does. Maybe if I had some really good homemade egg nog.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my grandmother made it in ceramics when I was little and I inherited it.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my kitchen! Or my Barbie Airplane.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Parents, because they never tell you what they want and they don't want you to spend money on them!
9. Easiest person to buy for? My niece
10. Worst Christmas gift? A ring I got from my ex husband.
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail!! It is too much fun when you go to your mailbox and you have a red or green envelope waiting for you.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Too many to name...loved all the new ones last year on the Hallmark Station, and Lifetime, and ABC Family.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? DH and I do most of our Christmas shopping the beginning of December, but some things we pick up throughout and put up.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but it was expected for this Christmas party.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Ham, homemade yeast rolls, almost any dessert. Most everything at our family dinner.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...) and Mary Did You Know
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? growing up we always traveled...now it is so nice to stay home
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer's? yes
20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Angel, but I am thinking of a bow this year.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Both!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowded Shopping!! And, the companies that who won't say Merry Christmas or they say X-mas!! Remember the reason for the season!
Feel free to post on your blog and let me know you did so I can learn more about you or feel free to post your answers as a comment here.