Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday Thoughts...

YES!! All of the major packing is done. No more shopping prior to getting Miss Brooke to college. She has to pack her clothes tomorrow and clean her car. And she needs to make her last minute list to include cell phone charger, Bible, agenda, "Knight" bear from high school. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I have one thing left to do and that is finish off her lampshade I recovered. All packages arrived from Target today. They have been opened and repacked. Got large boxes and smaller, lighter weight boxes were packed into those as well as things that were too big to put in the boxes we had but you hate to make trips back and forth to carry these items, like trash cans, mini ironing board, lamp base, etc.

I don't know whether to thank blogger, Summer Wind or not, as we ended BACK at Bed, Bath & Beyond to purchase some of her fantastic suggestions for dorm room living. Great ideas SW!! (Even better, her ideas were cheaper than some items we had previously bought, so next week I will be taking previously purchased items back!)

We also took a trip to CVS Pharmacy and gathered everything for her "first aid box". It is so cute, I can't wait to show pictures. Alas, no teaser pictures.

It's funny at this point in time, I am so ready to take her Sunday and help her decorate her dorm room with all of the great things we have bought, made, decorated, etc. But I know for sure, I will not be ready to leave when it is all done!

No comments: