Monday, August 21, 2006

Back from Dreamland....



Well, I am home but miss my beach already. Can you imagine having withdrawals from the beach?? And on top of that, all the unpacking and laundry, etc. that has to be done when you get home???? Here is a brief rundown of our week:

Monday....grocery shopping at the Super Walmart and then hitting the beach. By the time we got in the water, the tides had changed, we were having some undertow, and the white caps had picked up. But it was still fun.

Tuesday... we had planned to go over to the lighthouse on the Lookout Express but it was dead in the water and no boats were going to Lookout. We decided to take a trip on a boat taxi (ferry) over to Shackleford Banks. It was wonderful. The sound side was very calm and the ocean side was a little more action. We chose to stay on the sound side. We collected a lot of shells and the girls and I lounged in the water. My DH decided he would walk all the way around the island. Nine miles....he did it! Around 4:15 we headed back to Beaufort and then home for dinner. A very nice day! (By the way, my 2 dear friends who know who you are....I saw I boat up close on the way back into Beaufort and took some more pics...I will email them to you when I get that film developed!!)

Wednesday... we headed over to the new aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores. It seams everyone on the beach wants to check out the new aquarium. People were parked all the way out to the road. Here are some pictures of our day at the aquarium. After the aquarium, we were famished and headed back across to Atlantic Beach. We had dinner at the Channel Marker restaurant and it was so good. We got there at the perfect time and had a table over looking the ICW and had perfect views of the boats coming in and out. Wednesday: a perfect day!

Thursday...SHOPPING DAY!!! We went back to Beaufort and shopped on Front Street....Front St and Ann St are my favorites. In case you haven't been to Beaufort, it is an enchanting little town with loads of history. Anytime I go to Front Street, I must go to Scuttlebutt... my favorite little nautical shop. This time I picked up the William Mangum print of Front Street I have been wanting and a sweatshirt from the AmericaSails tall ships weekend. I also visited my favorite little jewelry store, Stampers, and hinted to my husband some jewelry I would like. And we all went down to the Island Traders where DD2 bought an outfit and then to TopDeck. We also shopped some on the beach with DD1 getting her ears pierced a 2nd time. I really wish I had my camera with me!! Thursday night, DH and the girls went fishing and I watched the movie, Glory Road.

Friday... back to the beach...a glorious day, smooth water... really couldn't ask for more. When we decided to come back, a couple stopped us, they had to be in their upper 70's and just the sweetest people. During the conversation, we found out they are from our home town and also live just 2 doors down from a friend of ours. It is a small world!

Saturday...took the girls to the WaterBoggan at Emerald Isle. Stopped in Berts Surf Shop because they were across the street from the WB and I got a cute little visor in pink of course that says "Life is Good". And when I am on the beach, life is indeed good! The girls and DH had a great time on the waterslides...unfortunately I couldn't get in the sun because of sunpoisoning on my legs and ankles and feet. Saturday evening, we went out and flew kites and watched a wonderful sunset!

Sunday...on the road again....time to come back home. At least we stopped at my favorite scrapbook supply store, Scrappin Oasis, and also at Neuse Sport Shop.

AHHH....What a wonderful week! I wonder how fast I can talk DH into going back??

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You know it isn't quite fair that you are now making me have beach longings! Hrmph!!!