My mind has been pretty blank as of late in regard to what I should post. So today, I thought I would post everything terrific that is happening in our life.
1. We have a new mattress set on the way, hopefully to arrive on Thursday. We really needed one and this mattress set is so luxurious. I can't wait to sleep on it!!
2. DD and a group of fellow students will be singing the National Anthem at her school's (my hs alma mater) 50th Homecoming Celebration. There will also be a tailgate party, a dj, and a parade. Should be quite fun!
3. DD and a different group of fellow students will be traveling to NY to sing the National Anthem at ground zero near the end of October. This initiative is put together by First Lady Laura Bush so I am hoping she will either meet her or get a picture. They will also perform at one of the major performing arts centers and take in 2 Broadway shows while there!.
4. After returning from NYC, DD will perform in the fall musical for 3 nights. I think she is most excited about that one.
5. Next summer, DD will be taking a mission trip with our church and with the International Missions Board to Slovakia. After the mission trip, they will also tour Europe for a week.
6. Yes I am still bragging on my daughter, but I am her mother so it is allowed! She was very nervous about activities and taking on honor classes. However, she received her 1st progress reports and her GPA is a 4.375. WOOHOO!
7. My first visit to the hair stylist after deciding to let it grow went well and we have a game plan. I may for once in my adult life, let it grow out!.. :D
8. Baby Sawyer may be going home. Praise the Lord!
I think I have bragged enough and shared enough for today. Hopefully tomorrow I will have something much more interesting to chat about. Hope y'all have a terrific Tuesday as well!