Friday, July 16, 2010

Fashion Friday

I recently bought 3 new pair of shorts and a new swim suit for my Florida vacation. Land's End is having a tremendous sale and I couldn't resist. I have lost weight since last year, so my favorite white and khaki shorts no longer fit. I have been hunting for navy casual shorts as well. And I realize earlier this summer that the top on my swim suit was too large and revealing a little too much. Now with a Land's End sale this time of year, the swimsuit picken's are very limited. I love the faille material and my past 3 LE swimsuits are made of this fabric. My package finally arrived yesterday and I tried them all on today and everything fit!! And when Miss Brooke saw me in the new swimsuit, she actually said, "MOM, you look hot!" Now if only I can get honey to say the same thing when he sees me in it!

So here is what I purchased:

5 inch khaki shorts
5 inch white shorts
and 5 inch navy shorts.
(If I was taller, I would probably have to go with the 7 inch but since I am not quite 5'2,
I go with the 5 inch inseam.)

Now I personally believe a lady of certain age should no longer wear a bikini. However, I love the tankinis. So here is my swimsuit. It has a control bottom skirt that I love (all of my LE suits have had this bottom) and this time a twist top revealing less cleavage than last year, but much better for scuba diving.

Now all I have to do is PACK!!

One more thing...and this combines Fashion with a fabulous find. All the rage right now seems to be Aviator sunglasses. My daughter found a gorgeous pair that look great on her from Coach. However, I am a traditionalist, and to me, true aviators are from Ray-Ban. I wore them my senior year of high school and through college in the late 80's. I cannot believe how expensive they are now...I do believe I paid about $40 for mine back then. I have expensive sunglasses from Ferragamo, and my boating glasses from Bolle, however I really wanted my aviators. Lo and behold, my daddy found 1 of my original pair and the case at their home. They were quite out of shape and really dirty (not sure where he found them) but a quick run to my local optician fixed all that. He re-fit them on me and cleaned them right up. Now I am back to wearing my Ray-Bans on a regular basis! As they always say, what goes around, comes around.


2 comments:

Charlotte said...

luv the shorts!

Barrett said...

LE bathing suits are the best. They are always true to size, fabric is wonderful, never ride, pull or tug and last forever! I wear tankinis too and buy several pieces every year and mix and match until the cows come home.